Now that autumn is here I find myself craving comfort type foods for dinner. The weather is starting to get a bit cooler so warm, hearty dinners have been what I find myself wanting after a long day. Spaghetti and meatballs is such a classic dinner and is perfect for this time of year. It’s one of those meals that is easy enough to prepare and is a crowdpleaser.
These homemade meatballs are easy to whip up and don’t take too much time to prepare. They are quite filling and taste incredible! The savoury flavour is perfectly suited for chilly autumn evenings and I don’t find myself feeling hungry later in the evening.
Since the meatballs don’t take long to make, nor does the spaghetti, this is a perfect weeknight meal when you are shorter on time. That being said, it would be equally as nice for an at-home date night too.
Here is the recipe:
- 1 pound lean, ground beef
- 1/2 cup onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup dried bread crumbs
- 1/4 parmesan cheese, finely grated
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 2 tbsp. ketchup
- 1/2 tbsp. parsley
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together the onion, bread crumbs, garlic, cheese, ketchup, egg, salt, pepper, and parsley.
- Add the ground beef and continue to mix until well combined. Use a cookie scoop to form 1-inch meatballs and place on the cookie sheet.
- Bake the meatballs in for 15-20 minutes until slightly browned.
I find that using a cookie scoop gives the meatballs that perfect, uniform shape; but you could just as easily roll them into balls using your hands.
I think this is going to become a staple dinner in my household this fall!