Last weekend I decided to try my hand at making mulled wine and it turned out really well! As a wine fan I decided I had gone way too long without giving mulled wine a try and I think it has become my new favourite fall drink!
It doesn’t take much to prepare and the end result truly is like autumn in a glass.
- 3/4 cup green M&Ms
- 12 ounces orange baking chocolate
- 3 cups small pretzel twists
- Line two baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- Melt the chocolate in a double broiler.
- Once melted, dip the pretzels into the chocolate using tongs until they are completely coated. Let the excess drip off and then place the pretzel on the baking sheet.
- Before it dries, pop an M7M into the top of the pretzel to look like a stem.
- Repeat until all pretzels are dipped.
- Refrigerate the pretzels for at least 15 minutes before serving or putting into another container.
I love how cozy autumn is and the mulled wine pairs perfectly with the cooler weather. I have a feeling I’ll be making this a lot throughout the fall and winter.
Have you tried mulled wine before?