I’m in a real muffin phase right now. I absolutely love them whether it’s for breakfast or a mid-morning snack. I’ve been making a real effort to cut soy out from my diet. After discovering soy was an intolerance as opposed to a full-blown allergy, I became a bit more lax when it came to eating it but it was leaving me feeling rather crappy to be honest.
Soy is in so many things that I easily get discouraged. Almost all bread products from the grocery store contain soy and even finding bread can be a challenge. I have to buy it at a proper bakery but even then a lot of those “may contain” soy so I’ve had to start making a lot of things at home.
I love these blueberry muffins because they taste great but are also super convenient for my busy schedule. These blueberry muffins taste as good as the ones I used to buy and are actually pretty quick to whip up!
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cups granulated sugar
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 large egg
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- Preheat oven to 400.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- Add in the oil, milk, and vanilla. Whisk until combined but do not overmix.
- Slowly mix in the blueberries.
- Divide the batter evenly between the muffin cups.
- Bake 25-30 minutes.
What is your favourite kind of muffin?